Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Electrical Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Seeking a creative and energetic Senior Test engineer to design, develop, and execute test procedures and automated test scripts using spacecraft commands, telemetry and electrical ground support equipment. The ideal candidate has system level test experience working with spacecraft flight hardware and good computer skills. Daily responsibilities will require test preparation leading to direct contact with satellite and space flight hardware. Candidate must be able to tackle issues utilizing skills obtained in the field of Electrical engineering, or a related discipline, preferably as it relates to system level integration and test. Required skills include the ability to communicate clearly, and to use critical thinking in troubleshoot of problems. The ability to use a scripting language and formulate automated test scripts is highly desirable. International travel to support launch campaigns may be required. Shift and weekend work to support testing will be required periodically.
Specific Duties include:
- Support Floor operations leading tasks of various complexity and scope relating to system level testing of spacecraft sub systems (Electrical Power subsystems, Command and Data Handling, Thermal Control Systems, propulsion and Attitude Control Systems
- Develop skills to become a shift or overall test lead
- Work independently or in teams to develop and maintain automated test software scripts STOL and paperless procedures based on new requirements, and process improvements
- Development of Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) requirements or drawings including both hardware and software systems.
- Development of launch Campaign procedures and onsite launch integration and test support.
- Learn and develop proficiency on ground command and telemetry support systems
- Evaluate and implement Lean and 6 Sigma solutions to decrease cycle times
A Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering or related discipline with four or more years of related experience.
Ability to obtain a government clearance
Strong Software Background;
MATLAB, Perl, Python or C++ or C Sharp Experience
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years