Orbital ATK Careers
Pr. Information Security Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Cybersecurity / Information Security Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working as part of an integrated team to satisfy cybersecurity requirements of Space Systems across ground, communications, and space segments.
- Being the IA/Cyber focal for cryptographic implementations within Space and Ground Segments, to include preparation of System Key Management Plan (SKMP), COMSEC Plans, TEMPEST Control Plans and related Design Notes.
- Identifying appropriate Cross Domain Solution (CDS) requirements for emerging Space-Ground architectures and shepherding these solutions through requirements definition, systems engineering, integration & test, and Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes.
- Preparing and executing test procedures to verify compliance with security control requirements.
- Conducting system vulnerability and patch management activities.
- Conducting security scanning and hardening activities on Windows and Red Hat operating systems and various COTS/GOTS applications, include those within virtualized environments.
- Developing and implementing quality RMF products including System Security Plans (SSPs) and related artifacts, including information security continuous monitoring plans.
- US citizen and must hold an active Top Secret clearance.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of IA or Cybersecurity experience, preferably within the defense or aerospace industry.
- Current DoD 8570 IASAE Level II certification (i.e., CASP CE, CISSP (or associate) or CSSLP).
- Recent experience implementing RMF assessment and authorization processes.
- Excellent technical document preparation skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders ranging from technical staffers up to senior program managers.
- Hands-on experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), HBSS, ACAS, and host-based security applications.
- Experience remediating, mitigating, and reporting cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
- Travel up to 25% (within CONUS and less than one week at a time).
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years