Orbital ATK Careers
Sr. Systems Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Position will support the development of software, models, and simulation products that supports the Orbital ATK ground planning, command, and tasking software. The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of spacecraft and payload models and simulations of spacecraft and mission scenarios
- Analysis and assessment of orbital architectural solutions
- Software development for planning, command and control, and tasking software
- Development of Engineering toolsets to support the on-orbit operation of vehicles
- Development of hardware/software simulators (FlatSat’s)
- Documentation of technical and software products
- Mission Software regression testing
- On-orbit operation of vehicles
- Ground systems engineering and interface definition for stakeholder resources
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters Degree in Engineering.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years