Orbital ATK Careers
EMI/EMC Principal Systems Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
1. Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal skills.
2. Able to handle interruptions and prioritize work load.
3. Takes initiative and is not afraid to reach out for help.
1. Review customer EMI/EMC requirements.
2. Conduct analysis to determine compatibility of components, subsystems and systems.
3. Identify potential design issues and provide solution options.
4. Provide EMC design strategy to electrical and mechanical design teams.
5. Determine the need for transient protection for electromagnetic threats including power surges and lightning induced currents.
6. Establish the grounding guidelines and methods to mitigate spacecraft charging.
7. Participate in design reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR & PER) and provide detailed design guidance on filters, shielding, gaskets, transient protection, cable shielding, etc.
8. Write control plans, grounding plans, test plans, procedures, test reports, design memos, and waivers.
1. BSEE or similar degree and seven years experience.
2. At least 3 years of EMI/EMC design experience and familiarity with NASA, military and commercial standards.
3. A strong understanding of RF design, circuit theory and electromagnetic principles including: magnetics, microwaves and antennas.
4. Experience reviewing schematics, pcb layouts, and mechanical designs for EMC.
5. Strong EMC troubleshooting experience including conducting root cause analysis on test failures.
6. Experience with EMI/EMC testing of components, subsystems and systems as well as test equipment familiarity (i.e. chamber, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, LISNs, network analyzers, antennas).
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years