Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Role: Proposal Manager to coordinate and produce proposal (Statement of Capabilities; RFI, BAA, Task Order, RFP, etc.) responses while assembling a proposal team with the relevant service/product/business knowledge required to win. Responsibilities include implementing all necessary proposal procedures and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires working under pressure for extended periods of time (45-60 days) and to challenging deadlines.
Experience: Proven experience and ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business environment. Proposal Manager must be experienced in scheduling and running proposal kick-off meetings, leading storyboarding sessions, facilitating color team review meetings/final document reviews, integrating review comments, coordinating proposal delegations (sign off), document production and delivery of the completed proposal.
- Assemble and lead small teams to deliver compliant, professionally produced proposals within Customer-defined requirements and timeframes.
- Create and review a proposal outline that will be used to guide proposal development; analyze the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the Customer’s issues and needs.
- Build the proposal compliance matrix and track the fulfillment of all requirements.
- Review completed storyboards and proposal sections to ensure requirements are adequately addressed within assigned page limits.
- Conduct regular proposal progress status meetings and maintain the proposal schedule.
- Lead, coordinate and review/edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from technical product teams, business development, finance, contracts, supply chain, integration and test, legal, etc.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate at senior levels of management.
- Coach teams and subject matter experts in persuasive writing and proposal best practices.
- Train members from various functional disciplines on capture process and procedures.
- Document template management in line with company branding.
- Sttong time management/prioritisation skills.
- Strong written and oral English language skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Travel to lead proposal teams at various locations as required (approximately 1/4 time)
- Bachelor Degree required.
- APMP certification desired.
- Advanced MS Word skills and proficient in MS Office.
- Current SSBI required; active TS/SCI desired.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years
Expertise: Business Development