Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Conv. Infastructure Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Implementation and daily operational support for Converged Infrastructure platforms such as new major operating system builds, hardware failures, storage provisioning, restores of data, and data protection. This position will also be required to perform troubleshooting and remediation. General storage administration for unstructured and structured data platforms. Position will also be required to support new O/S image builds and provide guidance to other team members. May require migration planning and strategy for execution of planned migration activities. Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with developing system specification and operating instruction documents, best practice guides and revises existing system documentation and procedures to correct deficiencies.
- Setting up and maintaining appropriate files system access controls on all unstructured data top level exports and shares
- Perform troubleshooting and error analysis for and or all IT platforms supported and implement corrective actions.
- Collect, correlate, and analyze system and application logs for more advanced troubleshooting of problems.
- Works with Service Desk and local customers with more complex inbound daily service requests. Responsible for all Move, Adds, Changes and Deletes MACD work
- Installs complex hardware and repairs all level of hardware component failures
- Actively monitors and responds based on established workflow and escalations. Provides Post-Review reports and assessments.
Must have a currernt Top Secret Clearance
Position requires Bachelors Degree and six years experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED
Expertise: Information Technology