Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. Orbital ATK Space Systems Group (SSG) designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Senior IA/Cyber System Engineer will be responsible for:
Understanding and communicating IA/Cyber requirements across the system development lifecycle (SDLC), from program inception through deployment.
Completing RMF-defined tasks in accordance with SDLC key milestones – SRR, PDR, CDR, and through deployment and sustainment.
Supporting space and related systems, so the engineer should have an interest in applying cyber concepts to the space domain, i.e., across ground, communications, and space segments.
Preparing and executing security assessments in order to verify cyber security requirements are met within a new space system.
Conducting cybersecurity vulnerability management analysis, supporting patch implementation efforts, and developing long-term cybersecurity compliance roadmaps.
Conducting quarterly vulnerability compliance reviews and contributing to quarterly POA&M updates.
Developing and conducting cybersecurity scanning and hardening activities on numerous operating systems and applications, to include virtualized environments.
Developing and implementing information security continuous monitoring plans.
- The Senior IA/Cybersecurity Systems Engineer should have a strong technology foundation with a BS degree in engineering, computer science, or IT management. At least five (5) years of IA/Cyber engineering experience, with at least two (2) years’ experience in the defense/aerospace industry.
- Minimum of Security+CE certification, with first-hand familiarity with civilian, defense, and intelligence community implementations of the NIST 800-53 controls and RMF process.
- Candidates must have TS/SSBI clearance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders ranging from the most technical staffers up to senior program managers.
- Hands-on experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), DISA ESS/HBSS, DISA ACAS, and host-based security, to include: anti-malware, host-based intrusion protection system, data loss prevention, and rogue system detection.
- Experience remediating, mitigating, and reporting cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years