Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Business Development Director
Orbital ATK has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Director at our Palm Beach Gardens, Florida Office. This position will focus and lead business development activities for the Advanced Propulsion & Systems Market Segment.
The primary focus of this job is to drive growth in hypersonic propulsion. You will work directly with the Advanced Propulsion and Systems (AP&S) market segment director and the VP of Business Development to develop strategic plans to move the business forward. You will then become the tip of the spear in implementing the strategy. We are looking for an individual with a record of success in bringing in new business. The ability to professionally interact with a variety of people up and down the value stream is important, while being able to think strategically in designing a capture strategy is a must. Experience with government and commercial customers and prior US Military service is desired.
You will be required to learn and apply the Orbital ATK Business Capture Process and will be responsible for the opportunity identification and analysis, and pursuit strategy development and implementation. Ultimately you will be measured by capturing business and transitioning it to the Program Managers for execution.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
- Identify and capture new business opportunities and grow current business.
- Represent Orbital ATK (OA) to the customer community, bringing the OA message to the customer and integrating knowledge of OA capabilities with customer needs.
- Interpret and define customer requirements, articulate them to team members and produce an integrated product solution as needed.
- Analyze market activity and trends to develop forecasts and recommendations for new business ventures.
- Develop bid/pricing strategy including P-win analysis and competitive pricing models.
- Support senior management in developing sales strategies and setting performance goals.
- Support the Market Segment Director in development and implementation of discretionary plans and budgets.
- Coordinate business development activities with program management, engineering, manufacturing, pricing, contracts and supply chain.
- 15 or more years of Business Development experience preferable in the Defense sector.
- Bachelor’s degree (Technical degree preferred).
- 50% travel.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance, which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
- Understand program baseline and acquisition strategy.
- Ability to organize multiple projects and assignments simultaneously; ability to organize tasks, determine priorities and meet established deadlines; ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment; ability to work independently and with a team; ability to identify and resolve moderately complex problems.
- Excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills; proficient with MS Office products.
- Military background or business experience with the military strongly desired.
- Time management and multi-tasking.
- Dedicated, passionate and knowledgeable.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 50-75%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Expertise: Engineering, Product Management, Program Management, Project Management, Brand Development, Product Development, Business Analysis, Sales, Business Development, Sales Support, Security Clearance, Relationship Development, Communication Skills, Resource Management, Competitor Analysis, Consumer Insights, Contract Negotiation, Cross-functional Leadership, Strategic Planning, Top Secret Security Clearance, DFAR, Customer Focus, EAC, Written/Verbal Communication, EVMS, Vendor Relationship Management, Forecasting, Financial Analysis, Financial Planning, Government Regulations, Insight generation, Influence, Marketing Strategy, Marketing, Microsoft Office, Presentation Skills, Business Development