Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Principal Software Engineer - Labview/Matlab Developer
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Principal Software Engineer - Labview/Matlab Developer. This position can be located at our Elkton, Maryland office or San Jose, CA.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Orbital ATK Missile Defense and Controls (MD&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton MD&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK Missile Products is a division of our Defense Group. Our facility in Elkton, MD is seeking a Sr. Principal Software Engineer for embedded propulsion control system software and test software development. Based on goal-oriented objectives, develop, create and modify computer applications software. Analyze user needs and design or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Coordinates with members of multi-functional team to develop innovative solutions.
1. Lead or participate in software requirements review, preliminary and critical design reviews, and integration readiness review and software acceptance reviews. Manages and analyzes requirements, and designs, develops and tests complex software systems. Support program management office in technical role.
2. Advise and interact with customer personnel on technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines.
3. Act as technical lead for pre-proposal, proposal and existing program efforts. Represent the company as the primary customer contact on contracts or projects.
Required Education and Experience:
- Requires BS in Engineering & 10 years or Masters in Engineering & 7 years or PhD in Engineering & 5 years.
- Significant experience developing code for Real Time LabView and Matlab Applications is required.
- Experience working within a model based develop environment is a plus.
- Experience working with electromechanical systems is a plus
- Able to obtain a Security Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years