Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Program Financial Analyst - EVMS
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Senior Program Control Analyst for our Missile Defense & Controls business unit located at our Elkton, Maryland location. This facility is a premier Orbital ATK location with extreme corporate visibility and is dedicated to the manufacture of civil and defense related propulsion and related control systems. Our ideal candidate will have 6-8 years of very relevant experience working on DoD program(s).
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Orbital ATK Missile Defense and Controls (MD&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton MD&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Job Level for hire will be determined based upon experience level.
The position involves working with principle engineers and project management in the establishment of project budgets for medium to large size development and production programs. The candidate will track project cost performance to planned budgets and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS). They will monitor and report financial health of assigned project.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Earned Value Management Systems:
- Program planning to meet the Integrated Baseline Review
- Conduct all Cost Account Variance Analysis Report reviews
- Performs financial Contract Data Requirements Lists, CDRL reporting
- Assists major subcontractors with CDRL reporting
- Interface with government on all financial related issues
- Interface with program management on all financial related issues
- Internal cost control on critical engineering programs
- Prepare, and present monthly actual vs. plan & forecast variance analysis, program cost control metrics for all selected metrics (Orders, Sales, EBIT, Cash) for segment and group management review.
- Coordinate quarterly Estimate-At-Completion exercise with Program cost control managers to ensure use of approved burden/labor rates, validate Estimate-To-Complete data and ensure the accuracy of the Excel models.
- Generate requested supports e.g. headcount, Labor Yield and provide support to all finance customers internal and external as needed.
- BS in Business or Finance, MS preferred.
- 6 years as a financial analysis, as a subject matter expert with EVMS within DoD Government contracting environments.
- Strong EV leader on >20M development program to include: Joint Surveillance Audit (JSA), and Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) knowledge.
- Have a strong understanding and familiarization with Federal Acquisition Regulations, and Cost Accounting Standards and understand Government Accounting Agency methodologies.
- Strong and adaptive computer skills with MS applications and Oracle enterprise database applications are required.
- US Citizenship required, and ability to get a DoD secret clearance.
- Experience with Open Plan software and Microsoft Project are a plus.
- Good communication and presentation skills are vital.
- Cobra experience and Cost point experience required.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: None
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Financial Analysis, EVMS, Finance