Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Experienced Design/Project Engineer
Orbital ATK’s Missile Products Division, with an office located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida is currently seeking an experienced Principal Design/Project Mechanical Engineer to support our Large-Scale Scramjet Development efforts within our Advanced Propulsion and Systems (AP&S) Market Segment.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
- Support efforts to develop and mature scramjet programs and internal research and development activities.
- Support propulsion and subsystem IPT leads to ensure technical and cost execution of each system component.
- Work with IPT leads to establish product build requirements (i.e. engineering, planning and inspection documents, schedule).
- Check completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, specifications, and accuracy of dimensioning.
- Investigate pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, contractual specification requirements and cost, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Document and present design, manufacturing and testing status as needed.
- Work closely with manufacturers to ensure that design intent is met in manufacturing of parts.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite. Existing clearance preferred.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering; advanced degree desirable.
- 7 years of related experience, fewer with advanced degree.
- Prior design experience in comparable positions of technical leadership, scramjet engine development projects desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation and critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) software, NX preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project)
- Knowledge of ANSI Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes to include, but not limited to, machining, welding and additive manufacture.
- Understanding of Six Sigma disciplines, design for assembly / design for manufacturing (DFA/DFM).
- Position will require occasional travel to meet with various customers, in both government and industry, and to interface with suppliers.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: None
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years
Expertise: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, AutoCAD, Automated Manufacturing, Lean/Six Sigma, Blueprints, CAD, Engineering