Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Production Scheduler within our Supply Chain department in our Elkton, Maryland office.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Orbital ATK Missile Defense and Controls (MD&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton MD&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Our ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of very relevant experience working on DoD programs.
Position Overview (Scheduler):
- Develop from inception, maintain and deliver a monthly integrated master plan and schedule (IMP/IMS) through completion to meet project IMS objectives
- Integrate Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), statement of Work (SOW), Teams, Deliverables, and resources into the Master Schedule in an efficient and timely manner
- Support Material Program Manager and Supply Chain in the management of program supplier base through the IMS and provide daily monitoring and status to the PM for critical path tasks daily
- Input EVMS resource requirements and reports to financial control as required.
- Participate in, lead, and support schedule reviews and metric reporting as requested by management.
- BS Business, Finance or technical related discipline
- High degree of organizational skills utilizing MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Ability to communicate with strong verbal and written skills, and to present clear and concise reports, briefings and outlines to the team and customers
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of scheduling tools, MS Project, Open Plan, Primavera or Other
- Prefer understanding of EVM (Earned Value Management) and DoD (Department of Defense) requirements
- Meeting schedule development, critical path and risk analysis
- Support the preparation of monthly operational review packages
- Assist with reporting of Division performance for executive management
- Investigate deviations from plan and unusual results
- The individual must be organized with excellent communication skills, strategically focused, detail oriented, and has the ability to effortlessly multi-task in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Demonstrated high analytical and communication capabilities;
- Very precise and accurate working style;
- Must possess a “can do” attitude, be creative & flexible;
- Experience with Costpoint, Cognos
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: None
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Project Management, Inventory Management, Level Loading, Logistics, MRP systems, Capacity planning, Production Scheduling, Material/Planning, Manufacturing performance measurement tools, Supply Chain, Strategic Planning, Microsoft Office, EVMS, Resource Management, Distribution