Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Industrial Security Administrator/Facility Security Officer
Orbital ATK is looking for a hands on Principal Industrial Security Administrator/Facility Security Officer to join our team in our Elkton, Maryland facility. The ideal candidate will establish and maintain our Industrial Security Program and Processes as described below in the responsibilities.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Orbital ATK Missile Defense and Controls (MD&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton MD&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
- Responsible for plant security, DOD operations and Special Program activities.
- Provide Guidance and Leadership to the site Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) and Facility Security Officer (FSO) in support of the current and future classified contracts.
- Responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day administration of Security policies & procedures for site
- Coordinate with Government agencies to obtain rulings, interpretations and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations
- Prepare and establish standard operating procedures
- Develop/oversee/mentor Security professionals located at multiple locations
- Oversee/conduct security investigations
- Apply the "Risk Management" approach as it applies to program protections plans, offering creative solutions to complex problems
- In a lead role, develop and mentor security staff
Candidate will be required to meet the criteria to be appointed COMSEC Custodian to manage site account. Completion of the mandatory NSA COMSEC Custodian Training Course(s) will be required if candidate is not currently certified.
- 10 years’ experience in Government/Industry security to include personnel, physical, computer, operations, education and communications security.
- Bachelor's degree (Criminal Justice/Business preferred)
- Minimum 10 years Government/Industrial Security experience with above identified education and/or experience as a CPSO/FSO.
- Knowledge of the following standards: NISPOM DoD 5220.22-M, ITAR (Export/Import), NSA Manual 3-16, JAFAN, DCID/ICD policies and regulations. Working knowledge of the Department of Defense database programs; JPAS, ISFD, e-QIP and SWFT.
- Must have current and active SSBI security investigation
- Limited travel required
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Expertise: Computer Security, Regulations, Compliance, Compliance, BATFE, Government Regulations, Top Secret Security Clearance, FSS, Security Clearance, Communication Skills, Investigations, Security