Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Laboratory Chemist Intern
Orbital ATK is currently seeking talented individuals for our Laboratory Chemist Internship for our Elkton, Maryland location. Laboratory Interns will be given the opportunity to gain hands-on laboratory experience while applying theoretical knowledge and chemistry techniques learned in the classroom.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Orbital ATK Missile Defense and Controls (MD&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton MD&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
- Complete intern-specific projects and perform related duties as assigned.
- Apply theoretical knowledge and chemistry techniques to the solution of basic laboratory problems.
- Assist in the preparation of making solutions and analyzing samples.
- Apply programming and computer application skills for database creation.
- Learn and practice technical professional behaviors including documentation compliance, technical writing, time management, and interdisciplinary communication.
- Currently pursuing an A.A, B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, or a closely related discipline.
- General understanding of fundamental chemistry, principles, practices, and theories.
- Interest in working in the space and/or defense industry.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Permanent and legal right to work in the U.S. without student visa or sponsorship.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Intern
Desired Travel: None
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED
Expertise: Chemical mixing, Chemical Systems, Engineering