Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Experienced Mechanical Project Engineer - Solid Rocket Motors
Orbital ATK’s Missile Defense and Controls division located in Elkton, Maryland is currently seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineer.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK’s Missile Products Division, located in Elkton, MD is currently seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineer with min 7 years of experience in the development of solid rocket motors. Project engineers will participate on integrated product teams (IPTs) to develop, verify and produce solid rocket motor hardware and components.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Work closely with IPT members to develop mechanical designs for solid rocket motor hardware and components
- Assist in oversight of hardware development, manufacturing and testing
- Work closely with vendors and systems engineers to ensure that hardware requirements are met within schedule and budget.
- Work closely with manufacturers to ensure that design intent is met in manufacturing of prototype parts.
- Serve as liaison between design and manufacturing elements of the IPT.
- Serve as liaison between manufacturing and test elements of the IPT.
- Document design and manufacturing status and testing results as needed.
- Requires a BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering & 7 years of experience. Advanced degrees may count towards experience.
- Ability to work within a team with various disciplines
- Ability to present complex technical concepts to audiences with a broad range of technical experience
- Candidates must be proficient in Power Point, Word, and Excel
- Project Engineer candidates must be proficient in NX
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years
Expertise: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, Process Engineering, Engineering, Manufacturing, Manufacturing performance measurement tools, Engineering