Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Northrop Grumman - Innovation Systems is seeking a Sr. Buyer for our Plymouth, MN location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Establishes, maintains, and monitors supplier agreements of medium to high dollar, risk, and/or complexity.
Contract Structure & Business Terms
- Negotiate pricing using cost/price and best value analysis
- Negotiate to ensure terms and conditions address provisions and risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification, and all other potential risk areas
- Structure and negotiate long term supplier agreements.
- Ensure that terms and conditions have been properly flowed down from customer contracts to supplier contracts
- Establish and maintain formal agreements (Purchase Orders) with suppliers
- Incorporate customer or internal changes into the contract or PO
- Cost Productivity year to year savings
- Track cost savings and cost avoidance
- Establish delivery and payment terms that maximizes established financial goals.
- Apply Import/Export regulations such as ITAR, EAR, DDTC registration etc.
- Apply security regulations concerning vendor visits or sharing information
- Apply government contract requirements such as FAR, DFAR, ISO, DCAA, SOX, etc. to appropriate agreements
- Prepare RFP/RFQ documents in support of customer requests
- Maintain internal and external customer relationships
- Leverage strategic relationships and partnering opportunities
- Supplier risk sharing/investments
- Establish supplier long term agreements
- Contract change management
- Ensure on-time delivery of quality product
- Continuous improvement
- Risk management
- Single source management
- Relationship management
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience procuring for a build-to-order manufacturer
- Experience with complex mechanical products procurement
- US Government sub-contracting training and experience (FAR/DFAR)
- Subcontracts management experience
- +5 years procurement experience
- Must be US citizen
- Mechanical Parts procurement experience
- Team development and leadership experience
- Demonstrated long term supplier agreement development
- Proactive; self-directed; can take instruction and act
- Strong negotiator to achieve best value
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years