Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Embedded Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Based on specific objectives, contribute to the development, creation, and modification of computer applications software. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Provides technical leadership to junior members of a development/test team.
1. Participate in software requirements review, preliminary and critical design reviews, integration readiness review and software acceptance reviews. Manages and analyzes requirements, and designs, develops and tests complex software systems.
2. Make frequent contact with customers both internal and external concerning design, development and maintenance of software Interact with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters.
3. Act as technical lead for pre-proposal, proposal and existing program efforts. Represent the company as a customer contact on contracts or projects.
4. Work directly with integration and test and other engineering disciplines to resolve complex spacecraft system problems
5. Develop embedded avionics software in support of National Security objectives
Education and Experience
*** Requires active Top Secret clearance and valid background investigation ***
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years