Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Engineer-GN&C Design & Analysis
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Work with minor supervision and/or leading a small group to accomplish spacecraft attitude control systems analysis, test, design and/or development. Run detailed analysis and performance verification using in-house spacecraft simulations. Design spacecraft attitude and orbit determination and control loops using MATLAB. Design various Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) algorithms using various tools, including MATLAB and C/C++ compilers. Develop subsystem specifications, develop GNC flight software and test environment, and test GNC flight software. Develop and test operations scripts. Enhance or extend simulator capabilities. Document results and create presentation materials.
Education and Experience
**Top Secret Security Clearance required with a valid background investigation**
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years
Preferred candidate would possess:
- MS or PhD degree
- Technical Leadership: Earned Value Management System, development of subsystem and software test plans, development and analysis of GNC requirements.
- Programming: Matlab and Simulink, C/C++, Python
- Control Systems Analysis: time and frequency domain techniques, linear and non-linear control design, covariance analysis, design and tuning Kalman filters for attitude determination and relative navigation.
- Modeling: sensor models (star tracker, gyro, accel, GPS, magnetometer, sun sensors), actuators (reaction wheel, torque bar, thruster, CMG), equations of motion (rigid body, multi-body, orbit mechanics, flexible models, environmental disturbances), environment (time, eclipse, ECF and LVLH frames)
- Experience with missions involved with rendezvous and proximity operations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years