Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Engineer-GN&C Design & Analysis
With projected annual revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation.
At Orbital ATK Control Systems Engineering Group we design and deliver space missions. Today our rapidly growing national security space business supports cutting-edge missions ranging from mission/concept studies to technology demonstration programs, to large-scale national programs. Our work spans the entire life cycle from early concept studies, design development, system integration/test, launch, and mission ops/sustainment.
If you’re looking for the next big step in your career, you’ve come to the right place. At Orbital ATK you can join a highly innovative and motivated a team that is making a direct impact in advancing the technology that is protecting our nation’s security.
Work with minor supervision and/or leading a small group to accomplish spacecraft attitude control systems analysis, test, design and/or development. Run detailed analysis and performance verification using in-house spacecraft simulations. Design spacecraft attitude and orbit determination and control loops using MATLAB. Design various Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) algorithms using various tools, including MATLAB and C/C++ compilers. Develop subsystem specifications, develop GNC flight software and test environment, and test GNC flight software. Develop and test operations scripts. Enhance or extend simulator capabilities. Document results and create presentation materials.
Education and Experience
**Top Secret Security Clearance required with a valid background investigation**
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years
Preferred candidate would possess:
- MS or PhD degree
- Technical Leadership: Earned Value Management System, development of subsystem and software test plans, development and analysis of GNC requirements.
- Programming: Matlab and Simulink, C/C++, Python
- Control Systems Analysis: time and frequency domain techniques, linear and non-linear control design, covariance analysis, design and tuning Kalman filters for attitude determination and relative navigation.
- Modeling: sensor models (star tracker, gyro, accel, GPS, magnetometer, sun sensors), actuators (reaction wheel, torque bar, thruster, CMG), equations of motion (rigid body, multi-body, orbit mechanics, flexible models, environmental disturbances), environment (time, eclipse, ECF and LVLH frames)
- Experience with missions involved with rendezvous and proximity operations
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years