Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
*Top Secret Clearance is Required*
Use basic knowledge of vehicle dynamics, aerodynamics, propulsion, classical/modern control and estimation theory to conduct semi-routine aerospace engineering tasks. Work under guidance and direction from project lead and senior engineer. Apply defined engineering principle, industry standard, company process and procedure to support one or a few program objectives and customer requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate Guidance, Navigation, Flight Control, and Target Tracking performance data from M&S, ground test, flight tests. Prepare and present report of Guidance performance.
- Generate mesh model from OML. Support running of CFD and Wind Tunnel test. Collect and compile test results into aerodynamic coefficient table.
- Conduct sensitivity study and implement modeling of high-fidelity multiple degree-of-freedom flight/orbital mechanics and vehicle dynamics simulation; of navigation sensors: IMU, GPS, radar or laser altimeter, magnetometer, star tracker, etc.; of target dynamics in the simulation: stationary, moving and maneuvering target. Analyze and evaluate all simulation results.
- Implement modeling of targeting sensors in the simulation: radar, EO, IR, laser, ESM, seeker pointing, sensor management, etc.. Conduct sensitivity study.
- Conduct flight vehicle system performance sensitivity studies in the simulation. Compare flight vehicle system performance to initial requirements.
- Develop and model various propulsion systems in the simulation: thrust profile, mass flow rate, CG migration. Collect and analyze performance data.
- Implement model changes to improve fidelity of actuation systems. Run simulation to support verification of actuation system performance.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 2 years or Masters Degree in Engineering.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years