Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assoc. Aerospace Eng.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Use basic knowledge of vehicle dynamics, aerodynamics, propulsion, classical/modern control and estimation theory to support routine aerospace engineering tasks. Work under specific detail direction from project lead and senior engineer. Apply defined engineering principle, industry standard, company process and procedure to support one or a few program objectives and customer requirements.
- Collect and analyze Guidance, Navigation, Flight Control, and Target Tracking performance data from M&S, ground test, flight tests. Support preparation of test report for Guidance performance.
- Support mesh model generation from Outer Mold Line (OML) for aero prediction code, e.g., CFD. Support data collection of CFD and Wind Tunnel test.
- Support sensitivity studies and modeling of high-fidelity multiple degree-of-freedom flight/orbital mechanics and vehicle dynamics simulation; of navigation sensors: IMU (accelerometer, gyroscope), GPS, radar or laser altimeter, magnetometer, star tracker, etc.; of target dynamics in the simulation: stationary, moving and maneuvering target with various wind, sea state and terrain model.
- Support modeling of targeting sensors in the simulation: radar, EO, IR, laser, ESM, seeker pointing, sensor management, etc.. Support sensitivity study.
- Support sensitivity studies with the simulation for various flight vehicle systems: spacecraft, launch vehicle, missile, smart munition, etc..
- Support development of propulsion system: electric, solid/liquid fuel rocket, air-breathing, thruster for attitude control or station keeping
- Support sensitivity studies of actuation systems in the simulation. Support analyze test data and synthesis into actuation system model parameters.
Education and Experience
BS in Engineering
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year