Orbital ATK Careers
Principal Embedded Software Engineer
Today our rapidly growing national security space business supports a variety of cutting-edge missions ranging from small mission/concept studies to medium-sized technology demonstration programs, to large-scale national programs; and our work spans the entire life cycle from early concept studies, design development, system integration/test, launch, early ops, and mission ops/sustainment.
We currently have challenging technical work at the mission, segment, subsystem and component levels. If you’re looking for the next big step in your career, you’ve come to the right place because at Orbital ATK you can join a highly innovative and motivated team that is making a direct impact in advancing the technology that is protecting our nation’s security
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
Based on specific objectives, contribute to the development, creation, and modification of computer applications software. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Provides technical leadership to junior members of a development/test team.
1. Participate in software requirements review, preliminary and critical design reviews, integration readiness review and software acceptance reviews. Manages and analyzes requirements, and designs, develops and tests complex software systems.
2. Make frequent contact with customers both internal and external concerning design, development and maintenance of software Interact with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters.
3. Act as technical lead for pre-proposal, proposal and existing program efforts. Represent the company as a customer contact on contracts or projects.
4. Work directly with integration and test and other engineering disciplines to resolve complex spacecraft system problems
5. Develop embedded avionics software in support of National Security objectives
Education and Experience
*** Requires active Top Secret clearance and valid background investigation ***
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years