Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to provide assistance to our Defense team in our Plymouth, MN offices
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
This position provides mechanical engineering support for the fabrication of medium caliber ammunition. The person filling this position must understand typical manufacturing processes and have recently contributed in a production environment. This position requires adherence to ATK's Quality Management System, AS9100C and PES (Performance Enterprise System) principles.
Engineering support is needed in our Co-Production Factory in Saudi Arabia. International travel to this facility is a part of the job, typically 50%.
This position provides technical Mechanical Engineering support within the Medium Caliber Co-Production organization. Typical duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide on-site support at the facility in Saudi Arabia (requires approximately 50% travel).
- Assemble, maintain, Set-up, and de-bug manufacturing equipment for Medium Caliber Ammunition
- Create update and maintain appropriate documentation in Configuration Management system
- Plan and conduct equipment trials and commissioning to verify performance meets quality and rate standards
- Train customer technicians/operators on correct operation and maintenance of equipment
- Support the planning and preparation for production and customer acceptance
- Troubleshooting and resolution of complex manufacturing line process issues and machinery shutdowns
- Ensure and maintain efficient and effective manufacturing line operations
- Perform tooling and gage changes specific to Orbital ATK product lines
- Coordinate with Design and Project Engineering on design and/or manufacturability issues
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Technical understanding of mechanical mechanisms, manufacturing processes, metal coatings, heat treatments and standard assembly processes.
- Verify conformance of parts to customer and internal quality and safety requirements.
- Read, understand, and modify equipment/machinery and product drawings and specifications, in both production and testing environments.
- Communicate directly and indirectly with vendors and customers. Communicate issues and status effectively and frequently to co-workers and management.
- Generate and maintain lists of open issues and diligently track them to resolution.
- Perform failure analysis of physical and functional test results when results do not meet requirements.
- Assist in monitoring and verify subcontractor's compliance to prime contract requirements and specification.
- Ensure effective engineering and customer communications.
- Strictly adhere to all safety regulations, and maintain a culture of safety with fellow co-workers
- BS degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- Two or more years of experience in manufacturing and production of mechanical components and/or systems.
- Product design verification, inspection and non-conformance handling protocols.
- Proficiency in working with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite, including MS Project
- Must be able to obtain Security clearance, must be a US citizen.
Desired Experience: The ideal candidate will possess the following
- Working knowledge of pneumatic equipment, valves, and components, including air motors
- Familiarity with pneumatic schematics and pneumatic circuit logic
- Familiarity with conveyor systems
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, including pumps, cylinders, and the like
- Basic knowledge of electrical wiring
- Past experience in an environment containing energetic and/or explosive materials
- Past experience successfully working with highly diverse teams and with foreign cultures
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 50-75%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years