Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Import/Export Analyst to provide leadership in the field of export and import compliance to the Defense Systems Group. Location of employment is Rocket Center, WV.
Role Description and Responsibilities:
The role of the Import/Export Analyst, International Trade Compliance is to advise and support the Missile Product Division’s trade compliance function supporting Division operations regarding U.S. Government export and import regulations. The candidate selected for this key role will report directly to the Sr. Manager of International Trade Compliance (ITC) for Defense Group.
- Under the direction of the Sr. Manager, helps provide guidance on U.S. Government export and import regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Act (EAA), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE)
- Under the guidance of the Sr. Manager, supports the Missile Products Division with general export/import control services
- Assists in integrating licensing strategies to obtain necessary export and import authorizations to support full compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Develops export and import authorization requests required by the Division and processes all export authorization requests in a timely manner
- Provides key information to the Defense Group Empowered Official to support U.S. Government interface
- Provides input in developing export and import internal control plans and helps conduct proviso reviews
- Monitors and assists in the export/import needs of specific Missile Product programs
- Assists in internal audits and assessments of the Defense Systems Group’s international trade compliance program as needed.
- Participates in presenting functional, and program specific trade compliance training
- Assists in the collection of information related to investigations of suspected export/import compliance violations and prepares and/or reviews documentation. Also assists in the implementation of potential corrective actions to identified weaknesses.
- Makes presentations in meetings and responds to questions from program management and employees related to export/import compliance
- Helps provide interface with all functional departments that play a role in international trade. (Supply chain, business development, shipping and receiving, etc.)
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience in export/import licensing and/or compliance
- A basic knowledge of ITAR, EAR, ATF and other US Government Regulations required
- Proficient in the use of the OCR EASE Software
- Understanding of Schedule B and ECCNs
- Exposure to the ACE database
- Familiarity with shipping/supply chain inner workings and documentation
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have both proficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to support teams
- Possess skills necessary to build teamwork
- Maintain excellent working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years