Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Import/Export Analyst to provide leadership in the field of export and import compliance to the Defense Systems Group. Location of employment is Rocket Center, WV.
Role Description and Responsibilities:
The role of the Import/Export Analyst, International Trade Compliance is to advise and support the Missile Product Division’s trade compliance function supporting Division operations regarding U.S. Government export and import regulations. The candidate selected for this key role will report directly to the Sr. Manager of International Trade Compliance (ITC) for Defense Group.
- Under the direction of the Sr. Manager, helps provide guidance on U.S. Government export and import regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Act (EAA), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE)
- Under the guidance of the Sr. Manager, supports the Missile Products Division with general export/import control services
- Assists in integrating licensing strategies to obtain necessary export and import authorizations to support full compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Develops export and import authorization requests required by the Division and processes all export authorization requests in a timely manner
- Provides key information to the Defense Group Empowered Official to support U.S. Government interface
- Provides input in developing export and import internal control plans and helps conduct proviso reviews
- Monitors and assists in the export/import needs of specific Missile Product programs
- Assists in internal audits and assessments of the Defense Systems Group’s international trade compliance program as needed.
- Participates in presenting functional, and program specific trade compliance training
- Assists in the collection of information related to investigations of suspected export/import compliance violations and prepares and/or reviews documentation. Also assists in the implementation of potential corrective actions to identified weaknesses.
- Makes presentations in meetings and responds to questions from program management and employees related to export/import compliance
- Helps provide interface with all functional departments that play a role in international trade. (Supply chain, business development, shipping and receiving, etc.)
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience in export/import licensing and/or compliance
- A basic knowledge of ITAR, EAR, ATF and other US Government Regulations required
- Proficient in the use of the OCR EASE Software
- Understanding of Schedule B and ECCNs
- Exposure to the ACE database
- Familiarity with shipping/supply chain inner workings and documentation
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have both proficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to support teams
- Possess skills necessary to build teamwork
- Maintain excellent working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years