Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Program Scheduler
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, more than 12,000 employees, and operations in 17 states across the U.S. and in several international locations, Orbital ATK is a global leader in aerospace and defense technologies. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch or protecting our nation. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, we design, build and deliver space, defense and aviation systems for customers around the world, both as a prime contractor and merchant supplier. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Senior Program Scheduler to provide leadership to our Program Finance team in our Gilbert, AZ offices.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
Provide program planning and scheduling support to internal and external customers (typically Program/Proposal/Product Team Managers, CAMs, task leads, etc.) with the gathering of source planning data, logical sequencing of activities, establishment of activity durations, and loading of resources in an Integrated Master Schedule Network for the purpose of providing status reporting and earned value analysis of work performed against an approved baseline plan.
- Review subcontractor schedule submissions to assess performance, determine compliance to subcontract requirements and communicate corrective actions as needed.
- Implement automated planning/scheduling software tools to perform program planning, and provide schedule analysis and reporting, including critical path analysis and assessment, schedule risk assessments, and schedule health metrics analysis.
- Five to Eight years of relevant scheduling experience in a hardware/software development and/or production program environment, with working knowledge and experience with scheduling in a compliant EVMS environment, including familiarity with DI-MGMT-81650/81861 and related government requirements.
- Direct experience with the integration of technical scope and programmatic requirements into an integrated plan that conveys the program execution plan to internal and external customers.
- Direct experienced in identifying, developing and managing the scope content, requisite level of detail and logical interdependencies, such that the resulting schedule products provide an accurate representation of schedule performance and risk, including critical and driving paths to scope completion.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with technical subject matter experts and business operations personnel.
- Prior launch vehicle or spacecraft-related scheduling experience.
- Direct experience with automated cost and schedule integration, including MS Project and Cobra.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be capable of efficiently creating and maintaining a resource loaded schedule network that is the core of a schedule-driven EVMS implementation.
- Expert knowledge of MS Word and Excel as well as automated program management software such as MS Project or other industry standard scheduling tools.
- Abilty to obtain Top Secret clearance is required.
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group is one of the world’s preeminent satellite builders and advanced space systems providers. We design, manufacture and operate small to medium-class satellites for communications, imaging, science and national security space applications. We are a market-leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes and are pioneering innovative in-orbit satellite servicing technologies. We are also a premier provider of space-related engineering services to government agencies and laboratories.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: EVMS, Finance