Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Mission Assurance Manager
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is seeking an Innovation Systems Senior Mission Assurance Manager.
This position is based in Dulles, VA.
This position will report directly to the VP Mission Assurance for the Innovation Systems (IS) sector.
The successful applicant will be responsible for establishing and leading the Mission Assurance (MA) function within the Innovation Systems sector.
The successful applicant will work a high performing team across the sector of more than 1000 Mission Assurance / quality professionals, as well as be the sector representative on the Corporate Quality Council (CQC), which is responsible for facilitating a continuous improvement culture focused on increasing process effectiveness and efficiency; and will be responsible for executing, monitoring and reporting on the health of the quality system and the quality of the products and services produced across the sector. She/he will plan and execute the MA program using measurable goals and effectiveness criteria in support of the overall business strategy.
You must have proven track record of solving complex problems through systematic and objective evaluation of information resulting in effective communication, championing, and implementation of change with a diverse set of internal and external customers and suppliers. You will interface with Vice-Presidents and senior division Mission Assurance, DCMA, Customers and Supplier executives. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills combined with a “can do” attitude are essential.
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you. Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 80,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery.
Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
This position will interact with senior sector leadership across all divisions and functions as well as coordinate clear, concise and compelling communications to the Innovation Systems sector mission assurance community and executive leadership. This will include sector wide quality community of practice meetings and companywide mission assurance / quality training and development. This position may require occasional teaching of mission assurance curriculum on various disciplines.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Quality - Direct and coordinate all of the sectors mission assurance functional disciplines, including Quality Control, Quality Engineering, Supplier Quality, Quality Programs and Quality Systems per ISO 9001/AS9100/AS9110/FAA standards and other internal/external compliance standards and regulations.
- Quality Management Representative, responsible for ensuring processes needed for the quality management system is implemented, maintained and improved
- Personnel Management - Plan and implement professional development and career management programs for sector MA personnel while positively influencing employee engagement.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers
To be considered for this position, the applicant must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience with experience in Mission Assurance / Quality Management
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with technical and project management (i.e. have managed technical projects, budgets, milestones, IMS, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of the program / product lifecycle in the areas of new business pursuit, design, supply chain management, receiving operations, inventory control, production control, product test & evaluation, reliability, root cause analysis, product sell off, shipping and product support as they apply to quality.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- US Citizenship is required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with ISO 9001/AS9100/AS9110 Quality Management Systems implementation/certification process
- Prior Management experience and skills or other leadership positions
- Master’s degree in engineering or technical field
- Certification(s) from American Society of Quality (i.e., Certified Manager of Quality, Certified Quality Auditor)
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher) certification to drive continuous improvement
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years