Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Import/Export Analyst
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Role Description and Responsibilities:
- Interprets and provides guidance on U.S. Government export and import regulations including the Arms Export Control Act (ACEA), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Act (EAA), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE)
- Provides comprehensive strategic export/import advice and support to the organization, initiating strategies, programs, policies, procedures, and tools to meet strategic and critical business challenges
- Responsible for developing and integrating licensing strategies to maximize outcomes and obtain necessary export and import authorizations to ensure full compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Develops, reviews, and approves export and import authorization requests required by the various divisions and ensures all approved authorizations are obtained in a timely manner
- Interfaces with representatives of the U.S. Government to discuss issues and regulatory requirements
- Prepares export and import internal control plans and provisos reviews
- Assists/leads audits and assessments of the company’s international trade compliance program
- Develops and conducts company-wide, functional, and program specific trade compliance training
- Supports/leads investigations on export/import suspected violations and prepares and/or reviews documentation
- Assists in development and implementation of corrective actions
- Makes formal presentations in meetings and responds to questions from management, employees, customers and vendors related to export/import compliance
- Serves as a Corporate Empowered Official
- Minimum of 9 years of directly applicable, progressively responsible experience in the field of export/import licensing and/or compliance
- Knowledge of ITAR, EAR, ATF and other US Government Regulations required
- Security Clearance or ability to obtain one
- Advanced degree and/or Aerospace or Defense industry experience
- Proficient in the use of the OCR EASE Software
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have both excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to lead teams
- Possess skills necessary to build teamwork
- Maintain excellent working relationships with both internal and external partners
- Bachelor’s Degree with relevant major or equivalent experience
Education and Experience
Generally requires BS & 9 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years