Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Material Control Analyst
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, more than 12,000 employees, and operations in 17 states across the U.S. and in several international locations, Orbital ATK is a global leader in aerospace and defense technologies. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch or protecting our nation. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, we design, build and deliver space, defense and aviation systems for customers around the world, both as a prime contractor and merchant supplier. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group is one of the world’s preeminent satellite builders and advanced space systems providers. We design, manufacture and operate small- to medium-class satellites for communications, imaging, science and national security space applications. We are a market-leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes and are pioneering innovative in-orbit satellite servicing technologies. We are also a premier provider of space-related engineering services to government agencies and laboratories.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Material Control Analyst to provide leadership to our Program Finance team in our Dulles, VA offices.
Under the supervision of a lead Material Control Analyst, develop and deploy specialized knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate material procurement, tracking and reporting, to include:
- Provide material management and analysis support of complex programs.
- Support Cost Estimating with development of proposal consolidated Bills of Material and proposal content development.
- Coordinate and support development of material requirements among multiple subsystem Control Account Managers (CAMs) and programs.
- Develop program integrated Bills of Material, support definition and validation of program material requirements, and support material/production planning to enable the efficient approval of purchase requisitions.
- Interact with Engineering, Purchasing, Stock Room, Receiving Inspection, Operations, and other departments to provide accurate status of material availability requirements for meeting program integration schedules.
- Develop subject matter expertise in the Material and Subcontract Management aspects of the Earned Value Management System guidelines.
- Support program Earned Value Management processes through development and maintenance of material cost and schedule forecasts from initial planning through execution.
- Develop baseline cost and schedule plans, including definition of material work packages and planning packages including material categorization and assignment of applicable earned value measurement techniques.
- Support integration of material requirements into program integrated Master Schedules.
- Provide reporting of program material status and analysis of material variances to plan and other applicable metrics.
- Implement internal and customer driven budget changes and contract change implementation.
- Provide process training and support internal and external EVMS surveillance.
- Support Material Management and Accounting and Government Property Management System processes through development of subject matter expertise, delivery of training, and oversight of material related business and procurement processes to ensure conformance with program contractual requirements.
- A Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) in Accounting, Business, Statistics or equivalent experience is required.
- Two years of related experience is required.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management execution, particularly as related to material, is preferred.
- Familiarity with supply chain processes, material planning, or material management and control is preferred.
- Familiarity with Deltek's Costpoint system, and familiarity with MS Project, Open Plan or equivalent scheduling tools are preferred.
- Active security clearance.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years