Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Program Control Manager - TS/SCI
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, more than 12,000 employees, and operations in 17 states across the U.S. and in several international locations, Orbital ATK is a global leader in aerospace and defense technologies. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch or protecting our nation. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, we design, build and deliver space, defense and aviation systems for customers around the world, both as a prime contractor and merchant supplier. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Program Control Manager with TS/SCI Clearance to provide leadership to our Program Finance team in our Dulles, VA offices.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Program Control Manager is responsible for supporting multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure successful completion of highly complex, multi-year advanced technology flight hardware and software projects to their committed delivery dates within budgeted cost. Provide a primary interface between Program Business Operations and Program Management, including the Customer Program Office. Employ EIA-748 compliant EVMS practices to direct the establishment and maintenance of cost and schedule baselines and forecasts that meet the program and company requirements and are integrated with the program SOW, and other program planning documents.
- Direct the development, implementation and execution of the program business rhythm through training, coordination and facilitation of CAMs, Finance and Program Planning personnel.
- Direct the execution of an EIA-748 compliant earned value management system to include organizing the work, developing cost and schedule baselines, updating forecasts, performing monthly analysis, and managing scope change control.
- Support integrated program reporting and variance analysis for explaining and interpreting impact of results against program baseline plans/forecast and facilitate the tracking and implementation of corrective/preventative actions.
- Present program EVMS status to project management as well as internal management financial performance reviews.
- Lead the IPTs and CAMs in preparing for and participating in Integrated Baseline Reviews and follow-up surveillance and audits.
- Support proposal efforts and other duties as required.
Candidate must have a minimum of ten years of relevant experience in the following areas:
- Deployment and execution of EIA-748 compliant program management techniques including EVMS, baseline planning and scheduling, forecasting and estimating, and cost/schedule integration techniques, including subcontractor integration.
- Managing/performing the development and maintenance of detailed project schedules, analysis of schedule critical and driving paths, program management reports, identification of inconsistencies, risk management, evaluation of program impacts, and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Supervisory: Candidate must have a minimum of four years of supervisory experience.
- Travel: Ability to support specific off-site meetings or reviews on an infrequent basis.
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance is Required
- Industry standard accounting, project scheduling and cost management software tools such as Cobra, Open Plan, MS Project, Acumen, Costpoint, and/or Cognos.
- Leading Integrated Baseline Review training, preparation and conduct.
- Supporting program surveillance reviews and oversight.
- Controlling major subcontractors with compliant earned value systems requirements and Integrated Program Management Report deliverables.
- Leadership of proposal and change activity with subsequent integration into the PMB.
- Development and maintenance of process documentation.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of EIA-748, the PARCA EVMS Interpretation Guide and the Integrated Program Management Report Data Item, and familiarity with the DCMA data-driven surveillance initiative.
- Candidate must possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills with history of interfacing effectively with all levels of management as well as both internal and external customers.
- Candidate must have excellent time management and organizational skills, with the initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness to support fast-changing program requirements.
- Top Secret – TS/SCI Clearance required.
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- Program Management and/or Earned Value Management Certification preferred.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group is one of the world’s preeminent satellite builders and advanced space systems providers. We design, manufacture and operate small- to medium-class satellites for communications, imaging, science and national security space applications. We are a market-leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes and are pioneering innovative in-orbit satellite servicing technologies. We are also a premier provider of space-related engineering services to government agencies and laboratories.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years