Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors. Develops and maintains detailed work instructions for assigned products/processes. Dispositions discrepant hardware. Investigates root cause of discrepancies and implements corrective actions. Performs material flow analysis, cycle time analysis, and value stream mapping. Supports program reviews. Performs DFMX initiatives. Develops tools/fixtures.
- Collaborates with Design Engineering on design and manufacturability issues.
- Coordinates with production on day-to-day activities. Resolves complex manufacturing process issues.
- Evaluates discrepant hardware. Conducts root cause/corrective action investigations using multiple tools; 5 Whys, Fishbone Diagram, 5D, etc. Recommends corrective actions.
- Communicates manufacturing plans and processes to internal and external customers through Manufacturing Readiness reviews
- Research and evaluate commercially available tools and equipment to support manufacturing activities. Design and procure specialized tooling and fixtures.
- Troubleshoots existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
- Educates/trains operators on new and existing processes.
- Represent manufacturing at change control board to determine impact of proposed changes. Incorporate engineering changes on work in process.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years