Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Supervisor – Engineering
The successful candidate will be highly skilled at planning and executing the hardware and software design tasks for Automated Test Equipment (ATE), Electronic Ground Support Equipment (EGSE), and Simulators/Emulators. Must possess a background in developing software applications for automated testing, hardware simulations, and integrated systems. Custom hardware design, instrument selection, and systems architecture experience is required in order to successfully lead project teams within the department. While the position is expected to be 75-80% direct support of programs/projects a key component is 20-25% functional support and mentoring to junior and midlevel staff. This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined engineering team to accomplish a system level deliverable
- Experience planning and measuring status on the work effort from an engineering team
- Experience in a hardware and software design/implementation environment
- Experience with defining new architectures and methodologies using emerging technologies
- Must be able to motivate and encourage a team of engineers in a highly dynamic environment
- Must be able to adjust to changing priorities based on business needs and communicate those changes to staff members
- Must be able to interact with project leads and program representatives to provide status and communicate issues with the appropriate business acumen
- Work with upper management to identify and adjust staffing based on current and projected work load
- Support process improvement efforts
- Review and approve staff labor charging
- Generate level of effort and material cost estimates
- Support staff in multiple geographic areas
- Experience with National Instruments software and hardware products
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years