Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Electro-Mechanical (Night Shift Engineer)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently recruiting for a Mid-level Electro-Mechanical Night Shift Engineer in our Clearfield, UT location.
This is a night shift role
As the on-shift Electro-Mechanical Engineer you will oversee the Reliability Engineering and assist/guide the maintenance team in the troubleshooting of 5-Axis CNC Machine Tools and other high volume manufacturing equipment. Review existing PLC and HMI programs and becomes completely familiar with the OEM’s operating protocol as it relates to machine motion and control. Provide emphasis to ensure that the correct preventative maintenance procedures are in place and recommend all necessary spare parts to keep the plant operational on a 24/7 basis. This position is a Mid-level Reliability Engineer with the opportunity to grow, working to ensure that all CNC Machines and high volume production equipment perform at their ultimate performance level and maintain a high level of uptime. This is a night shift position (4 on, 4 off), and the successful candidate will be supported by (and support) the Maintenance team as needed. There is considerable latitude for independent action and decision making. You will support our current facility and allow it to grow to the next level of operations and production.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering REQUIRED (education will be verified)
- Some knowledge of control systems, especially Allen Bradley or Siemens would be preferred.
- Strong knowledge of 5-Axis Machine Tool operation and function, or other high volume manufacturing equipment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in troubleshooting 5-Axis CNC Machine systems, or other high volume manufacturing equipment.
- Basic understanding of carbon composite layup or composite machining is preferred.
- Ability to prepare sound presentations and or shift reports on a daily basis.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Fanuc CNC controls is an advantage.
- Experience in lean manufacturing
- Experience in aerospace industry
- Past experience working in high rate manufacturing facilities operating on a 24/7 schedule.
Competencies for Success:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and multi-task.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to make appropriate decisions that support overall project objectives.
- Ability to drive projects and processes
- Ability to partner with leadership at all levels.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues is a short time frame.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years