Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to provide talent to our NASA Space Launch System (SLS) Integration Engineering team in our Promontory, UT offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Design Engineer is responsible for providing Integration Design Engineering for the SLS Booster, Forward Skirt, Frustum, and Systems Tunnel assemblies. Primary responsibilities include creating and revising engineering drawings, specification, test plans, and reports. The engineer will also provide design engineering services on Procurement Control Documents (PCD), Interface Control Documents (ICD), bracketry design, electrical harness routing, tolerance stack-up analysis, manufacturing support, and performing peer reviews. Perform booster level integration tasks of pyrotechnics and range safety system, avionics integration, faying surface close outs, Thermal Protection Systems (TPS), paint and bolted joint designs.
- Integrates using 3D NX models, mechanical & assembly drawings, and specifications in accordance with company standards
- Support mechanical, electrical, and pyrotechnic integration design across the SLS Booster
- Support Material Review Board (MRB) and booster build in Florida
- Prepare test & instrumentation drawings, test plans, reports, and perform tolerance analysis
- Prepare trade studies and milestone review presentations
- Prepare ICD, NxN interaction matrices and Interface Summary Sheets
- Prepare requirement specifications and provide verification reporting.
- Perform preliminary structural analysi
- Candidate must have a minimum of a BS in Mechanical Engineering with 2 years of engineering design experience.
- Knowledgeable and demonstrated experience with NX modeling or similar experience with large (500+ parts) assemblies
- Solid design engineering skill set
- Skilled verbal and written communicator with integration design experience
Skills & Qualifications:
- Design / development experience
- Solid modeling experience (NX is preferred)
- Knowledge of loads and environment analysis
- Structural analysis experience
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and proven ability to integrate with other disciplines
- Drafting, drawing preparation, and GD&T skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years