Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Manufacturing Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an Associate Manufacturing Engineer to provide support to our Environmental Operations team in our Promontory facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for overseeing environmental operations activities and managing all waste streams generated by a large rocket motor manufacturing plant. Areas of technical responsibility include:
· Waste water treatment
· Hazardous waste collection and disposal
- Chemical process engineering
· Reactive waste disposal
· Landfill operations
· Recycling initiatives
· Waste minimization
- Process owner of activities related to waste disposal and/or wastewater treatment
- Enable compliance with state and federal environmental regulations
- Author planning and procedures; update and revise such documents
- Design processes for new waste streams when needed
- Identify and reduce risk in current processes
· Bachelor’s Degree and 0-2 years related experience.
· Knowledge of waste water treatment techniques and processes
· Knowledge of energetic and explosive operations
- Understanding of chemistry
- Independent thinker, self-motivated, positive attitude
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
· Ability and drive to learn new and complex topics
· Ability to troubleshoot processes and think critically
Skills & Qualifications:
· Broad understanding of process ownership and engineering
· Ability to work hands-on in a variety of environments.
· BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry or related field required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year