Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently searching for an Automation & Controls Engineer for the Promontory, Utah Manufacturing Facility.
Automation & Controls Engineer
This position is responsible for Process Automation, Controls, and Data Collection systems at the Promontory rocket motor manufacturing facilities. Position includes writing and maintaining process control hardware/software, including Allen Bradley PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers), HMI’s, Data Collection Interface, and Graphical Motion Language (GML). Willing to complement experience and aptitude with OJT (on-job training).
- Initial work & OJT under direction of experienced mentor,
- Electronic data collection systems, human interface (HMI) development/improvement, limited controls,
- Supporting manufacturing of rocket motors in the case preparation and insulation/autoclave cure recipe development,
- Data collections include digital chart and portable environmental data loggers,
- Eurotherm, Yokogawa, Honeywell, Partlow Data Recorders,
- Portable data loggers: HOBO data loggers, ACR temperature recorders,
- Process Control systems include RSLogix5,-500-5000 PLC programming, PC-Factory,
- TalkView, RSView32, PanelView, PC-LabView, A-B GMI Commander, and Fanuc CNC programming,
- Allen Bradley Hardware, HMI (Human Machine Interface), Graphical Machine Language (GML),
- Data Analysis using MS Excel / Visual Data digital & graphical presentation,
- Develop and incorporate process & facility improvements,
- Manufacturing operations field support, troubleshooting production equipment,
- Facilities includes autoclaves, ovens, automated grit blasters, automated paint spray systems, hydraulic presses, automated winders, spray-in-air systems
- Work with operations personnel,
- Ability to work with minimal direction,
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with organizations at all levels,
- Excellent computer skills and adaptability to work proprietary software tools in a manufacturing environment,
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced manufacturing environment.
- BS Degree Engineering, at least 2 years’ experience (or MS Degree in Engineering) and/or strong aptitude for this skills set,
- Electrical Engineering typically populates this skills set,
- Willing to complement experience and aptitude with training,
- Troubleshooting across multiple hardware/software platforms with adaptability to proprietary software platforms,
- Demonstrated technical problem-solving skills, strong oral, and written communications.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years