Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Quality Source and Receipt Inspector
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems has an excellent opportunity for a Quality Source and Receipt Inspector at our Plymouth, MN facility.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Position will require up to 100% travel to a local supplier to perform source inspection to meet program needs.
- Performs source and receipt inspections per inspection procedure requirements, verifies supplier compliance with purchase order requirements.
- Performs inspection of Circuit Card Assemblies on-site at a local supplier to ensure compliance with IPC, drawing, and contract-specific requirements.
- Ensures equipment is calibrated and within specifications.
- Interface with local DCMA (customer) representative.
- Participate in internal and external Quality Management System audits.
- 4-6 years of experience as a quality inspector in aerospace industry or similar highly regulated environment
- Proficiency with Blue Print reading, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5
- Familiar with quality data / non-conforming material processing systems used to record inspection results
- High school diploma or equivalent, technical degree preferred
- Intermediate PC skills including knowledge of MS Office products, specifically Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Must be a US Citizen, and have the ability to obtain government security clearance, if necessary.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Experience performing source inspections at sub-tier suppliers.
- IPC-A-610 Certification.
- Experience working with electrical assembly drawings.
- Knowledge of SMT and soldering manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity and experience with AS9102 First Article Inspection requirements
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED