Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mission Assurance Engineer / Supplier Quality Engineer
Orbital ATK is seeking a Mission Assurance Engineer/ Supplier Quality Engineer for our Plymouth, MN location.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support activity in developing suppliers of components and assemblies early in the development cycle to prevent component issues and improve performance of product development efforts
- Support corrective actions with suppliers when non-conformances have been identified
- Assist Supply Chain staff with input on supplier selection, approval and growth strategies
- Provide input on inspection or test plans of components and assemblies
- Team with other SQE’s responding to the organization in other material commodities as needed
- Assist in improving the Supplier Quality systems and processes for continuous improvement
- BS in Engineering (preferred, or equivalent work experience )
- 4+ years of experience working with manufacturing or suppliers
- Experience in a Quality Management System such as AS9100 or ISO 9001 or similar
- Experience or expertise in a Quality function at a Six Sigma - Green Belt level
- Experience in developing suppliers or manufacturing processes in a growing organization
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years