Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Principal Engineering Technician
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Sr. Principal. Engineering Technician
- Work with team to resolve day-to-day NDT inspection equipment and/or process-related issues
- Provide technical equipment and product support to NDT supervisor
- Develop and maintain equipment operating procedures
- Assist with development and maintenance of product testing procedures
- Improve processes and assist in identifying new equipment and facilities
- Perform hands-on resolution of issues in all NDT areas
- Participate in program planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting on assignments
- Participate in cost estimating and work area conceptualization for business development
- Perform non-destructive inspections as scheduled by supervisor
- Mechanical or electrical technology associates degree strongly preferred
- Requires HS Diploma/GED & 10 years of experience in Engineering Technology and Non-Destructive testing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Level II certified in one or more disciplines of non-destructive testing/ inspection
- Computer skills must include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Have an understanding and working knowledge of lean manufacturing
- Must be available to work overtime and shift rotation as work load dictates
- Working knowledge of GD&T as defined by ANSI/ASME Y14.5M-1994
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED