Orbital ATK Careers
Factory Operations Supervisor
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Supervisor of Factory Operations to provide leadership to our Missile Products team in our Rocket Center, WV offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Provides direction and motivates employees on a project basis to employees in a single facility, guided by established practices and precedents.
- Ability to provide and interpret written and verbal instructions
- Interprets, executes, and recommends modifications to practices that affect his or her direct reports.
- Frequently performs ongoing tasks of the department.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Provides technical support to engineering staff in the operation and maintenance (routine and non-routine) of automated assembly and metal parts manufacturing equipment.
- Works directly with engineering in running, maintaining, troubleshooting automated assembly and metal parts manufacturing equipment.
- Ensures a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- Reviews results for timeliness, quality, and cost effectiveness to accomplish departmental goals.
- Executes manpower forecasts.
- Interacts frequently with direct reports and managers concerning operations or scheduling of specific phases of projects.
- Schedules work, leads and trains direct reports, and controls processes on a scheduled basis within cost parameters while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Administers and complies with the union contract, trains new employees and new processes obtained for the department.
- Provides sound judgment and ensures overall quality and efficiency of the department.
- H.S. Diploma or equiv.
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge and experience with SPC techniques
- Minimum of 7 years CNC machining experience
- Experience with Lean manufacturing techniques
- Availability and willingness to work a variety of shifts, as needed, which may include 2nd or 3rd shift
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Office
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED