Orbital ATK Careers
Process Assurance Technician
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Process Assurance Technician for our Missile Products Division team in our Rocket Center, WV offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Perform Process Assurance functions: Verify product characteristics as required per company approved procedures and specifications and must respond quickly and properly when non-conformances are detected.
- Candidate will conduct manufacturing in-process inspections and perform test evaluations. Candidate will also conduct Process Audits and identify Mistake Proofing opportunities from those process evaluations.
- Assist in Product Verification Testing/Lot Acceptance Testing Activities, Environmental and Conditioning test and report results to program teams. Input test data into spreadsheets and team centers. Experience with using Standard Measuring Equipment. (mic's ,verniers, height gages, etc.)
- Act as liaison between Operations and Integrated Program Teams and must have the capability to work closely with customer representatives and DCMA (government).
- 2 Year College Degree or 1-3 years equivalent experience
- Ability to work on Multiple Shifts
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite
- Candidate must have good communication skills and also be able to work with other functional groups. Must also have the ability to work independently as well as with others and Customers
- Prior Inspection experience in Manufacturing including conducting Testing and Audits
- Ability to obtain J-STD-001 requirements for soldered electrical & electronic assemblies & IPC-A- 610 acceptability of electronic assemblies certification .
- Ability to use Standard Measuring Equipment
- Ability to Verify Product Characteristics
- Ability to use MS Office Tools and Excel
Prior experience in Lean Manufacturing and Mistake Proofing InitiatesIf you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years