Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Our Rocket Center, WV location is seeking a Millwright Mechanic,
The Millwright Mechanic will be responsible to dismantle, repair, assemble, service and erect various types of mechanical production equipment. Inspect equipment periodically to discover and prevent mechanical defects. The Millwright Mechanic will read and interpret mechanical drawings of equipment on the plant and perform work according to such drawings and specifications, and perform other related duties as directed, including indoor and fieldwork. This person will communicate with factory service personnel, and demonstrate good work attitude and proven ability to learn repairs on new equipment.
Specific responsibilities/experiences include, but are not limited to:
- Read prints and schematics of CNC equipment
- Understand functionality of CNC equipment for making adjustments to maintain accuracy of equipment
- Measure to exacting tolerances (.0001) for machine adjustments
- Read fabrication drawings
- Fabricate special fixturing of equipment per fabrication drawings
- Lay out of equipment (CNC)
- Effect repairs on new equipment
Basic Qualifications/Required Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Approved rigging training and at least 2 years rigging experience required
- Essential reading skills required
- Millwright training and completed apprenticeship, a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a journeyman millwright or equivalent experience required
- Five years’ experience in mechanical work, installing and repairing complex machines and mechanical equipment – lathe, mill, CNC machines, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mechanical ability and skills to perform above duties
- Must successfully complete pre-screening and/or security clearance and be able to obtain government issued top secret clearance including, but not limited to, background check and drug screen
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED