Orbital ATK Careers
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
We are seeking an experienced Components Inspector to support our Missile Products Division at our Rocket Center, WV location.
Scope of Work- Perform dimensional inspections on first piece, production and received components to drawing requirements utilizing all types of precision measuring instruments including Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM), and NDT Methods.
- Perform routine inspections using certified variable and attribute inspection gages
- Perform first piece and in process inspections on precision components utilizing surface plate setups and CMM’s
- Operate CMM’s to inspect components or program the CMM in DCC mode
- Conduct sample inspections on precision components that are received from outside vendors or manufactured in house.
- Conducting NDT testing to a Level II classification in accordance with applicable specifications.
- Program a DCC Lathe and Mill.
- Verify that products being manufactured comply with all specification and drawing requirements
- Inspect surface conditions for conformance to specifications and workmanship standards
- Assure that all inspection points and quality documentation is completed prior to part being released for further processing
- Prepare and maintain required quality records
- Certify or otherwise approve acceptable parts
- Identify non-conforming material and prepare documentation in accordance with procedures
- Participate actively in team environment
- Work with manufacturing engineering or quality engineering in problem solving and process improvements
- Conduct high pressure hydro-testing of various components.
Must successfully complete pre-screening or security clearance and be able to obtain government issued top secret clearance including but not limited to drug screening urinalysis.
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
- Must be proficient in use of standard measuring instruments such as micrometers, vernier calipers, dial indicators, gage blocks, thread wires, height sets and thread gages.
- Must be capable of obtaining certification in magnetic particle. Must have prior experience working with CMM”s.
- Must be knowledgeable in ANSI Y 14.5.
- Mechanical gage inspection techniques
- Drawing and specification interpretations
- Appropriate mil-specs and regulatory requirements
- Computer and software applications
- Geometrical tolerancing
- Statistical sampling techniques
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: None
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED