Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Buyer to provide leadership to our Armament Systems Division team in our Mesa, AZ offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
• Supports the organization’s goals by managing and coordinating the supply and demand of programs and the availability of items either manufactured or purchased that support meeting our customer’s goals and expectations.
• Responsible for supporting their respective programs by closely working with the Programs Manager, Material Program Manager, Process Engineer and other key program personnel on material requirements.
• Understands overall requirements both from procurement and in-house manufacturing – including attrition rates and any additional material needed for testing purposes.
• Responsible in analyzing material requirements with any on-hand available inventory.
• Help to prioritize and expedite incoming material as necessary to ensure the material is inspected and accepted and placed into inventory necessary to fulfill manufacturing requirements.
• Responsible to participate in contract closeout.
• Coordinate interdepartmental activity with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, Traffic, and Contract Administration; schedule and expedite the movement of parts.
- 2-5 years of Material Planning experience
- BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of MRP required.
- Excellent math skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point).
- Experience with Deltek
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years