Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Systems Integration and Test Engineer
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Integration and Test Engineer to provide leadership to our Armament Systems team in our Plymouth, MN offices.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Position Description: As a Senior Systems Integration and Test Engineer the work activities will include supporting a variety of programs and projects across the Engineering and Operations Organization. The employee will be part of the Systems Engineering, Integration & Test Team in the planning, execution/conduct, and summary reporting development phases of test for a variety of ammunition programs and projects. This is a full-time direct type position. Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
Detailed Job Description:
As a Senior Test Engineer, the applicant will be required to perform as the lead systems integration and test engineer in the creation of Master Test Plans (MTPs), Hardware Utilization Matrixes (HUMs), Detailed Test Plans (DTPs), and Test Procedures, and Engineering Test Reports (ETRs) in a Department of Defense (DoD) environment utilizing the applicable military specifications and standards as they relate to the verification/validation of the various system requirements. The applicant will be required to lead testing activities for programs and projects as part of Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) in the area of adhering to proper test engineering practices and procedures to ensure company work instructions and processes are followed. Additional tasks will be to perform as a Control Account Manager (CAM) in support the engineering and design verification testing activities in coordination with other Orbital ATK IPTs to help ensure budgets are maintained and met while meeting milestones and deliveries. The candidate will also be a key contributor and interface with our external customers and business partners. Also, the applicant will be required to plan, lead, organize, and generate the required documentation packages (including checklists), such as lead the required Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs) prior to test conduct. The candidate will also support proposal and bidding activities for potentially new programs and projects. Other activities will include interfacing and coordinating with program managers, technical directors, design engineers, quality engineers, DCMA, and our end customers. This is a full-time direct type position.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Systems Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience performing as a Systems Integration and Test Engineer.
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) programs and projects as they relate to product verification and validation per program requirements as they relate to test plans, test conduct, and test report generation.
- Complete understanding and application of the various military specifications and standards as they relate to requirements verifications for advanced weapons, medium and large caliber ammunition, and precision guidance weapons.
- Experience with environmental testing methods and processes, such as ballistics, tracer, self-destruct, round performance, temperature (storage and live fire), transportation vibration, drop shock, thermal, jolt/jumble, salt fog, waterproofing, and E3.
- Ability to travel in the range of 25% to 50% will be required to support the various off-site testing activities.
- Security regulations require that the individual must be a U.S. Citizen and must have the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently and organize/prioritize job assignments and tasks.
- Prior experience assembling test plans and test reports for customer deliverables in capturing required test data per the test plan/procedure.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings per ASME that would include extensive use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) – per ASME Y14.5-2009.
- Prior use and experience with the Siemens Teamcenter PLM ePIC and System Requirements TcSE tools.
- Failure analysis and resolution methods, such as FRACAS, 8D, and others.
- Design experience as it relates to aerospace products and systems that use similar industry specifications and standards.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years