Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an Manufacturing Engineer to provide manufacturing and process engineering technical oversight for our Ammunition & Precision Weapon production programs in our Plymouth, MN offices. This position is focused on manufacturing of large caliber ammunition components and sub-assemblies, and supports the Ammunition business segment at Armament Systems Division.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- This position reports to the Mechanical Production Engineering Manager and is responsible for providing manufacturing engineering oversight and support on large caliber ammunition programs as well as other programs in Orbital ATK’s Ammunition and Precision Weapons program teams.
- Development and oversight of production processes for products under development and to support production at Plymouth, other Orbital ATK locations and subcontractors, focusing on large caliber ammunition components, subassemblies and final assemblies.
- Support failure investigations, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
- Engineering oversight and interpretation of acceptance requirements and qualification testing results.
- Contribute to completion of specific program and project milestones.
- Represent Orbital ATK to our customers and suppliers.
- Travel (approximately 30%) to customers and suppliers, representing Orbital ATK’s program and business interests.
- Conceptualize and implement continuous improvement projects.
- Communicate project status and issues to management and customers.
- Implement and manage strong manufacturing engineering principals to ensure robust production processes and high product quality. Examples include statistical process control, process failure mode effect analysis, mistake proofing, production readiness reviews, equipment and gage qualifications and first article inspections.
- B.S. in Engineering required.
- 2-4 years production engineering experience in both product development and production environments.
- Demonstrated experience, either through class projects or job responsibilities, with technical problem solving, engineering acumen, team leadership and project management.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Experience working in the defense industry and/or with U.S. Government contracts.
- Experience with energetic materials, including propellants and explosives, is a plus.
- Experience with meeting cost and schedule constraints.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years