Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK is seeking a Test Technician for our Elk River, MN location.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Perform test operations on energetics and/or munition systems in a team or individual environment.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Work in a munitions test environment with medium to high complexity systems.
- Operate/perform many different types of cannon caliber gun systems, environmental testing, and warhead testing.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Engineers, Production Control, and Test Personnel in a fast moving environment.
- Follow Detailed Operating Procedures and collect/record data as necessary.
- Work with Engineers to develop mechanical designs during early stage development programs.
- Ability and interest for international travel to support customer contracts.
- Ability to multi-task.
- 2 year degree from a trade school or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years experience in mechanical/electrical assembly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- High mechanical and/or electrical aptitude preferred
- Computer proficient
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years