Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Staff Systems Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Staff Systems Engineer to join our SLS and LAS Project engineering team in our Promontory, UT offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Staff Systems Engineer will divide time between the SLS and the LAS programs. LAS duties would include project engineer for the propellant main grain and igniter. SLS duties would include project engineer for igniter and Booster Separation Motors (BSM). This Project Engineer would be responsible for technical project engineering planning and execution, and is accountable to the SLS Booster Project Chief Engineer. They will be the technical authority for these components. This position ensures that technical integrity of the related scope is achieved within cost and schedule constraints.
- Technical Project Planning and Logic Development
- Coordination of assignment with required technical teams and resources to support execution
- Project-level scope execution tracking and control
- Compliant design release to meet requirements
- Proposal support
- Supplier technical oversight
- Support for Configuration Control Boards, Flight Review Boards and Material Review Boards
Experience Requirements: The selected candidate should have a working knowledge of both solid rocket motor systems with a minimum of 10 years experience
Experience Preferred: A preferred candidate will possess a background in propellant design, formulation or ballistics
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong communication, planning, project management and presentation skills
- Experience in Requirements Development, Allocation, Specification Development and Verification planning and reporting.
- Experience with configuration management processes and practices, and supplier management
- BS degree in mechanical, aerospace, chemical engineering or related field with 15 years experience, MS with 10 years of experience, or PhD with 7 years of experience.
Position may be filled at a lower level (Sr. Principal Systems Engineer)
- BS degree with 10 years experience, MS degree with 7 years experience, or PhD with 5 years of experience
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years