Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Manufacturing Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Principal Manufacturing Engineer to provide leadership to our Florida Operations team in our Kennedy Space Center, FL offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Principal Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for creating planning to perform mechanical and fluids operation on the NASA SLS Solid Rocket Booster. The successful candidate will take engineering requirements from drawings and specifications as well as legacy processing instructions and create plans in an electronic shop floor system. The plans include all work instructions, tools, equipment, inspection requirements, safety warnings, and training requirements. Candidate will also coordinate with supply chain to ensure parts and materials are available at the time they are needed.
The candidate will lead readiness reviews for new and revised planning as well as process owner reviews for new processes.
Candidate will be responsible to create changes to process paper real time as needed to support operations.
Candidate will support disposition and closure of MRB against flight hardware including working with Design and Quality to develop rationale as well as creating planning to execute disposition instructions.
Level of travel is expected to be minimal (less than 10%).
Interaction with customer representatives will be on a weekly basis.
Shift work may occasionally be required as well as weekend overtime.
- Organize and lead readiness reviews.
- Create electronic shop floor instructions for flight hardware processing
- Evaluate and correct anomalies son flight hardware
- Support Operations with real time changes to planning
- Work with supply chain and others to ensure operations readiness to support schedules
- Candidate must have a minimum of 7 years of related engineering experience.
- Knowledgeable of SRB hardware processing a plus.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Broad understanding of Aerospace mechanical and fluid systems.
- Strong skills in working with teams on government contracts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related field required. with 7 years experience, MS with 5 years of experience, or PhD with 2 years of experience.
Position may be filled at a lower level (Sr. Manufacturing Engineer)
- MS degree with 2 years experience, BS degree with 4 years experience
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years