Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Configuration/Data Management Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking a Configuration/Data Management Analyst to join our Configuration and Data Management team at our Promontory or Bacchus (Magna), Utah offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Configuration/Data Management Analyst is responsible to ensure requirements documents are created and maintained consistently to a high level while working in a fast paced environment and meeting aggressive schedule due dates. Also participates in the coordination and administration of assigned configuration management activities relative to identification, control, and accounting for systems and/or equipment in accordance with contractual requirements. Attention to detail is key in this role.
- Participates in the coordination and administration of assigned configuration management activities relative to identification, control, and accounting for systems, products and/or equipment in accordance with contractual requirements including:
- Following specific set of documentation rules and guidelines to ensure technical content meets internal and external customer requirements.
- Researching and verifying technical content as needed.
- Evaluating technical content for cohesiveness and completeness.
- Coordinating changes to product design documents with engineering, quality, manufacturing, and other support organizations. Ensures that customer requirements are implemented and ensures compliance with configuration management policies.
- Performing engineering data control activities which may include: administration of government/industry documents (change notice, impact assessment, and where-used creation) and creation/release of parts.
- Participates in modifying and enhancing standard work associated with activities and responsibilities described above.
- Working knowledge and understanding of engineering documentation and documentation requirements in related fields, such as manufacturing plans, design processes, test or laboratory procedures, etc., (i.e. drawings, specifications, parts lists, change notices, manufacturing plans, test or laboratory procedures).
- Knowledge or demonstrated experience using PLM, CAD, or MRP software.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Solid skill level in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other documentation software may be helpful
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in an often fast-paced environment to meet aggressive schedule due dates while maintaining accuracy and consistency
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills to evaluate technical content for cohesiveness and completeness
- Ability to work on a team or independently as needed
- Excellent decision making capability to make timely decisions with the information at hand
- BS or AS degree and 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- English with technical writing minor or emphasis is preferred
- CMII certification preferred;
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Expertise: Information Technology