Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Sr. Principal Systems Engineer (Project Engineer) to provide leadership to our Navy and MDA Programs team in our Bacchus, UT offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The FBM Project Engineer is responsible for is responsible ensuring the continuing support of the fielded D5 missile system and supporting MDA work on former FBM motors.
- Project Engineer for D5 Deployed Systems Support (DSS) and MDA Targets
- Overall responsibility: Definition, organization, and management of assigned FBM and MDA projects from conception through execution.
- Major roles and responsibilities include: Coordinates planning, organization, development, implementation, integration and completion of engineering projects for D5 Deployed Systems Support and MDA targets. Also responsible for working D5 motor aging programs. Analyzes, evaluates, and plans methods of approach and organized means (integrated logic flow diagrams) to create new products or technologies for program. Improves the engineering process by recommending and seeing thru to successful implementation; corrects technical analysis and design to ensure technically robust project timely, on budget completion. Manages defined multi discipline technical projects of significant complexity and scope through organizing, delegating and managing work of other team members and contractors. Directs projects and coordinates activities concerned with technical development and project schedule. Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints.
- Project Engineer for DSS support of fleet issues with D5 motor
- Project Engineer for MDA target motors refurbishment
- Represent the FBM program to the Navy and Lockheed Martin customer
- Represent the FBM program to the MDA customer
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of rocket motor design, development, engineering and production experience (an advanced engineering degree and/or post graduate research may count toward engineering experience).
- Ability to travel (if applicable): Travel expectation of 10%
- Knowledge of C4 and D5 programs
- Experience Preferred:
- Ability to direct others: Coordinate Engineering as well as teams of multiple disciplines.
- Ability to present in difficult executive reviews (Quarterly presentations with VP level audiences), System Integration Team, as well as working group meetings
Skills & Qualifications:
- Self-Directed, reliable, detailed oriented but able to understand the big picture, flexible, and a demonstrated aptitude for rapid learning
- Excellent communicator demonstrated ability to listen as well as communicate up, down, and across the organizational structure within and across programs, functions, and organizations from operators to executive VP level management in the audience’s own language. Demonstrated public speaking and effective technical communication ability
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while maintaining focused results within reliability, quality, schedule, and budget requirements/ constraints
- Ability to create and present Technical justification for Material Review Board signature authority for D5 and MDA (requirements compliance support) as well as Technical Change Board engineering changes and implementation experience with Process Change Control Board.
- Demonstrated successful ability to solve complex problems (Decision Focus, KT, Fishbone diagrams just a few of multiple tools in toolbox)
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of engineering experience and a degree in aerospace, chemical, electrical, mechanical, material sciences engineering, or physics required
- BS degree with 10 years experience; MS degree with 7 years experience; or PhD with 5 years experience
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years