Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Engineering Technologist (NC Programmer)
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Engineering Technologist (NC Programmer) to work with our Process Engineering team at our Promontory location. An additional NC programmer is needed due to new program development work (GEM 63XL & CBS) and work associated with implementing the new machines (Doosan lathe & Okuma VTM). When the NC programming work subsides, the new engineer will transition into a Process Engineering role.
The selected individual will be responsible to create NC programs for multiple programs. Specifically, he/she will be responsible to ensure we have a reliable, repeatable controlled process to support SLS, D5, LAS, and other development programs. In addition, he/she may be assigned other process engineering responsibilities as shown below.
- Programming NC equipment
- Preparing drawings using CAD tools (NX and Creo/Pro-E)
- Developing and improving manufacturing processes
- Performing table top reviews
- Troubleshooting production/tooling/facility issues and implementing improvements and solutions
- Supporting design, checkout, qualification and implementation of new or modified tooling or equipment
- NC Programming
- CAD experience
- Knowledgeable of CREO and/or NX programming languages
• B.S. degree (prefer technical degree)
• Minimum 4 years related experience
• Good problem-solving skills
• Good communication and writing skills
• Good organization and multi-tasking skills
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years